For the last several days, AppEngine has been throwing
ApiTemporaryUnavailableError whenever files.blobstore.create() is
called. I am passing no parameters to the create call.

I realize this is an experimental feature; has it been removed from
AppEngine? Is there an alternate method for creating blobs on the fly?

I have a desktop application that uses Microsoft BITS to transfer data
from AppEngine. The only way I could get data of any size to download
using HTTP RANGES (required for BITS) was to serve the data using
blobstore_handlers.BlobstoreDownloadHandler.

The data is retrieved from the datastore, formatted into XML, and
saved in a blob using files.blobstore.create(). The blob is saved and
used for all subsequent requests for matching data.

App name: mcneel_app_store, version 2.

Thanks in advance for your help, my app is dead without this feature
working, and shortly my customers will notice and start screaming.

  - Brian