Dear all,

I am having the following weird issue on the development server. Could you
please let me know if you think the problem is due to the logic of the
application or it looks like a GAE bug ?

The problem is related to the following two classes :

- Payment

- PaymentSummary  ==> This class is used for reporting purposes to avoid
recomputing the totals for frequent end-user queries

Those classes are registered as two separate kinds but have the same parent
(should therefore be in the same entity group). The Datastore is HRD.  The
problem is the following :

--> When a payment is created, the payment summary must be recomputed. The
creation of the payment and the update of the payment summary is done
through a RPC call

--> 4 times out of 5, the payment summary contains the correct value but
sometimes (randomly), the payment summary does not get updated.

The code (using Objectify ) is the following :

Objectify ofy=ObjectifyService.beginTransaction();

try {

ofy.put(payment);

paymentSummary.recomputePaidRemainingDue();

ofy.put(paymentSummary);

}

 finally {

       if (ofy.getTxn().isActive())

         ofy.getTxn().rollback();

   }

==> I did not see this problem occurring on the production server but only
on the dev server. Is there anything I have missed ? The app engine version
is 1.6.3

Thanks a lot for your help,

Hugues