I do a couple URL Fetches and a single key.get() (all asynchronously), no
actual queries are performed. I verified that the server handling the URL
fetches was functioning normal. I should mention that the Appengine System
Status as showing "elevated" at the time of the incident. My requests
usually never take more than 2s to respond, 90% take below 800ms. I do not
think this is a "code optimization" issue... i'm well aware of the limits
imposed by AppEngine.

Thank you,
Prateek