Hi all,

I never really paid attention to the memcache stats, but after my app felt
slow the past couple of days I started checking the stats more regularly.
It's been between 5mb and 15mb the last three days, there are between 200
and 1000 items in it, and the oldest item was between 5 minutes and 20
minutes old. The hit rate is between 60% and 70%.

We typically have between 1 and 3 instances running, with maybe 0.5
requests per second on average. Based on gut feeling I'd say it would be
beneficial if the memcache wasn't evicted that quickly, we should see
higher hit rates if items were allowed to stick around for an hour or so.

I'm curious, what are everyone else's experiences? Or is there maybe even
some suggested approach to increase this? I searched, but couldn't find
anything relevant, only complaints about memcache failures :)

Cheers,
Per
(small-improvements-hrd)