I know this is an old thread, but relevant to a recent topic of interest.
My question is:

If the sustained QPS is indeed high, is there any advantage to doing batch
put operations (as it relates to the 'hot tablet' issue with sequential
index values)? In other words, if I am trying to write 1000 entities/second
using timestamp as an indexed property, will batching them into groups of
250 or 500 also batch the index row writes that are going to the 'hot
tablet', thus mitigating the problem to some extent?