OSX 10.6.8; I'm running a jsonengine (app engine with the java framework)
instance fine and have run an app engine instance with the python framework
with no problem in the past.

Now, I can't get the app engine (python) simulator to work on this OSX box.
The launcher starts ok, the test application indicates "green", but when I
direct the browser to the localhost address, the gae Launcher log spews
Python 2.6 errors and the browser reports http 500.

I have seen that gae wants python 2.5 or 2.7 and I have tried to install
each with no success, and I can't figure out how to "switch" from one
python framework to another. How is this supposed to work? Is there a
"verify your python install" process somewhere?

Or, is it perhaps a collision between gae java and gae python? Thanks for
any suggestions.