Also, I imagine going to HRD would indirectly help my situation because
I'll be forced to upgrade to python2.7.  So, while my instance is waiting
forever for memcache to return some data, it would be available to service
other requests, and keep the number of active instances low.  Am I correct
in this reasoning?