Whats wrong with the datastore? Seems to be what its designed for -
storing data.

If its the 1Mb entity limit, surely its not very often that a paste
will be bigger than that. And when it is just break it into parts, and
have 'next part' pointer on the main entity.

While there are experimental apis for writing (and reading from) the
blobstore, they sound more trouble than just using datastore.