Hi Vik,

technical details aside, keep in mind that the spam filter settings on App
Engine can be pretty strict. We have been sending mails for 18 months now,
increasing the number gradually, and we also used DKIM signing. Still,
suddenly some time last week our mails stopped getting sent. From all I can
tell some Google mechanism decided that we're a spammer. We have inquired
with Google instantly, but of course the GAE customer service is poor as
always and never got back to us. So we switched to an external email
provider now (mailgun, but there are dozens out there), and I'm quite happy
with that, since tracking of emails is a lot more convenient too. It's not
free though.

Long story short, if you all of a sudden send 10k mails, be prepared to get
filtered by Google because they think you're a spammer. Make sure to spread
the load, and track what you have sent already, so you know what you'd need
to resend if push comes to shove.

Cheers,
Per