Hi Kyle,

Discovery documents *are* served for all Endpoints (at
your_app_id.appspot.com/_ah/apis/discovery/v1/apis) just like
Google-authored APIs. We also provide a local version of the discovery doc
(as a file) when you do local development so you don't have to push to
production to test your Endpoint.

The local discovery doc is used to generate the Objective-C library. The Go
generator would use the local file as well. (Of course, you can point them
to the live discovery doc if you'd like to.) So, I think we're offering
what you want. Apologies if my explanation is (or was) confusing. I'm happy
to elaborate further.

Thanks,
Dan

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Kyle Finley <kylefin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> If you're just interested in generating a client library for an Endpoint
>> that you can consume in Go, you can probably use the
>> gen.go<http://code.google.com/p/google-api-go-client/source/browse/google-api-go-generator/gen.go>file
>>  provided by the Go client library. I must include the disclaimer that
>> this is entirely untested, the generated library may make assumptions which
>> are incorrect for non-Google-authored APIs.
>>

> Yeah this is partly was I was interested in.  I must admin I'm not
> completely clear on how "endpoints" works. I thought that you might have a
> tools that created discovery <https://developers.google.com/discovery/>docs
> from annotated code. That's was what I was interested in looking
> at. I'm sure I can create something similar. I just thought looking at some
> code might help.
>
> I think this whole process has a lot potential as an open source standard.
> Everyone is struggling for consistency In there API's. You guys have done a
> lot good work with the discovery api and the tools that parse I would like
> to see that spread.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Kyle
>
> If you want to write a backend in Go, there are probably some server-side
>> details that would block your implementation.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dan
>>
>  --

Dan Holevoet