I have not run the code in the tutorial but it looks fine to me. The error
you have received leads me to think you do not have the variable assigned
for 'guestbook_name'

    guestbook_name=self.request.get('guestbook_name')

this will give you 'None' or the actual name if it has been passed.

The error occurred during the function call for guestbook_key()

So make sure you have that function in your code:

def guestbook_key(guestbook_name=None):
  """Constructs a Datastore key for a Guestbook entity with guestbook_name."""
  return db.Key.from_path('Guestbook', guestbook_name or 'default_guestbook')

And if all of that is in your code then I am not sure what else it could be
without seeing all the code.