Takashi: Like Richard, I really don't understand; perhaps we are missing
something obvious; if so, I apologize in advance. The scenario that Jeff
laid out is exactly what I would expect, but from what I can gather, that
is NOT how App Engine is currently working.

For my particular application right now it is not a huge problem, but there
are many scenarios where it might become one. More importantly however, it
just doesn't make sense to me, and that is a big warning sign. What else
might change in a way that makes no sense?