<http://will.phase.net/phasedelay.png>
Hi Cayden,

Thanks for your reply.  I've been using Chrome to test the latency - I hit
the page several times using both URLs and here are the results.  These
times are the delay between the request and the first response i.e. see
attached image.

https://phaseindustries.appspot.com/ -> 2a00:1450:400b:c00::8d

57ms
57ms
56ms
66ms
58ms
57ms
AVG: 58.5ms

https://www.phaseindustries.com/ -> 2a00:1450:400b:c00::79

484ms
385ms
195ms
183ms
451ms
201ms
216ms
394ms
AVG: 313ms

I ran the test python you enclosed and the results showed TCP connections
to both nodes were equal:

-->testtcp.py
0.0420000553131 seconds
0.039999961853 seconds

I hope that helps describe my problem in more detail - my guess is perhaps
it's the SNI lookup happening on the :79 node?

Regards,

Will