I really don't care who has the shiniest toys in this playground, bottom
line is that I consider every minute spent getting my app to load faster a
complete waste of my time.  Adding business logic, minimizing user request
times and costs, that's what I care about, not jumping through hoops to get
around some design flaw that Google could easily fix if they chose to.

If you have a zillion apps and a huge budget and/or team, and it is cost
effective to do a crapload of optimizations, good for you! but I suspect
most of us just want to get our apps to work reasonably efficiently, in as
little time, and with as many of the tools we already know and love as
possible, so we can move on to our next project, client, idea, etc.