I have exactly the same issue. For me, it takes more than 21secs for it to
scan just this one. The system is not slow.

----

Aug 1, 2012 *1:58:47 AM *com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger debug

FINE: TLD search of
file:/xxxxx/eclipse/plugins/com.google.appengine.eclipse.sdkbundle_1.6.4.v201203300216r36/appengine-java-sdk-1.6.4/lib/tools/jsp/repackaged-appengine-jasper-jdt-6.0.29.jar

Aug 1, 2012 *1:59:08 AM* com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger debug

FINE: Init SecureRandom.

---

Is there a way to disable taglib totally so that it does not scan? The
entire application has been built for speed and this thing discourages me.

Thanks.