Hi Joshua,

Thank you, that's a good thought.

Kate sent me some files offline, and I believe we've figured out the
problem. For the middleware to work you must be using WSGI not CGI. Someone
please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe she would have to upgrade
here App to python27 to use it. The alternative is to do the check in the
webapp request handler:

def check_for_curl(self):
    if self.request.environ['HTTP_USER_AGENT'].startswith('curl'):
        return self.error(401)

class MainHandler(webapp.RequestHandler):
    def get(self):
        check_for_curl(self)
        # handle request

The problem is that webapp doesn't recognize error code 429 so we have to
use something else. Unless there's a simple way to make it write 429?

- Kyle