Hello,

I am working on a project where we are using a dynamic backend as a pull
queue worker.  Whenever we add a batch of tasks to our pull queue, we also
add a task to a push queue targeted to the backend to wake up the backend
and kick off the worker code.

Overall this has been working well for us as it allows us to offload work
from our front-end instances without paying too much for idle backend
instances.  The biggest problem we've been having with this approach has
been understanding and predicting how the dynamic instances are scaled.  To
that end, I have two questions:

   1. Is the "threadsafe" option enabling concurrent request handling in
   the python27 runtime used by dynamic backends?
   2. If so, does the dynamic backend instance scaling work similarly to
   front-end instance scaling or is there different rules at play here?

We've tried to read up on this in the docs and watching Google I/O talk
videos but all we've been finding is somewhat vague or
contradicting/outdated information.

Thanks!

-Sean O'Connor