On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 4:47 AM, alex <a...@cloudware.it> wrote:

>> Nothing in the datastore can change faster than once per second;
>
> is true only in case of a single entity group. So, you're better off reading
> official docs.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough - that's my entire point.  No _single
thing_ in the datastore can change faster than once per second.  In
the case of rapidly mutating data, this is a problem. Aggregations in
particular, because if you aggregate 100 things mutating once per
second, the aggregation has to mutate 100 times per second.

Thus: "Apps with a lot of rapidly mutating aggregation are hard."

This is not to say that you should not read the official docs.  You
definitely should.  But some walls are not obvious until you slam your
head into them a few times.

Jeff