Hi,

Yes, this was caused by the 1.7.1 roll out. What's happening is that you're
specifying the pycrypto version in your app.yaml as 'latest' instead of a
specific version. In 1.7.1, we added pycrypto 2.6 to the python27 runtime
and which is what all applications that specify 'latest' are now using. The
error message is a bit misleading. Your code will continue to work as-is,
so there is nothing you have to change. Also, you should only see this
message on the first request to an instance.

We will look into fixing this issue.