Hi Mike,

We're actively developing the Files API, you may have noticed that we
released a few new additions in the 1.7.1 release like listing files from
Google Cloud Storage and improving the Files API MapReduce input reader.
We're looking into the production issue you filed, please feel free to ping
me directly if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Christina