I love my Raspberry Pi and think this is a neat idea!

While an interesting project to benchmark the dev_appserver vs an F1
instance I'm not sure how to accurately measure performance. What tests do
you have in mind?

The reason I ask is that I have a **very** index happy application and
running request on my dev_appserver server (to save hundreds of entities
each creating 20+ indexes) it basically locks up the dev_appserver on my
quad core desktop and takes over 100 times longer to finish the DB
operations than an F1 instance takes.

Similarly, another intense thing I do to my app is to spawn a LOT of tasks
at my backend which spend most of their time waiting on urlfetch responses
before doing something trivial. On the dev_appserver these requests seem to
be blocking and processed serially but in production they are processed
simultaneously.

I'm curious how you plan to benchmark the raspberry pi dev_appserver vs the
production stack.

-Robert Fischer
www.DealScorcher.com