I am also using this feature.  And in fact only recently put it into
production, so it is very disappointing.

I understand that Google needs to test out lab features to gauge uptake.
But it would be great if you could help us out in the following way:

1) give us more time to find an alternative, end of year would be much more
reasonable I agree.
2) suggest alternatives ??!!
3) tell us how short you were from your required uptake.  This will help us
make decisions in the future about what features to try out.

many thanks,
Doug