Hi,

I have developed a GWT / GAE application and trying to have it indexed by
Google. In order to check first that my home page is 100% clean, I am using
the W3C validation service to check the syntax.

The validation service is returning an error regarding the character
encoding mismatch as follows :

"The character encoding specified in the HTTP header (iso-8859-1) is
different from the value in the <meta> element (utf-8). I will use the
value from the HTTP header (iso-8859-1) for this validation."

Could you please help me on this one :

   - On the development environment, the file is stored in utf-8, so I was
   expecting that the web server would return the file also with character
   encoding utf-8. I am pretty sure it is utf-8 after verifying the character
   encoding on osx with the following command : "file -I *HOME_PAGE_NAME.jsp
   *" which returned "*HOME_PAGE_NAME.jsp*: text/html; charset=utf-8"

   - Is there anything I should do to have the file delivered with the
   correct character encoding ?

Thanks,

Hugues