In order to do it in one query, you could add a field that is used
specifically for sorting.  If the value of the normal field is positive,
the sort field would be the same as the normal field.  If the value of the
normal field is negative or zero, the sort field could be something like:
 99999999 - normal field.  This would work as long as there's a known upper
limit of the value of the normal positive field.