After trying around for some time I think I found out why it didn't work
for me: I had no direct references to Blobs in the Datastore. I was only
storing the keyString of the BlobKey, not the BlobKey itself (mainly
because I'm using the entities in GWT).
After updating my entities to hold the BlobKey instance rather than a
String, the Blobs where successfully migrated. Maybe that'll help someone
else... It would be nice to add this requirement to the migrations docs.

The checkbox to "Migrate Blobstore Data" seems to just not exist anymore,
but it works. It would also be nice to remove that from the docs to avoid
confusion.

Cheers, Thomas.