Waleed, VIP does not solve this issue. You get the same SSL cert warning.
They imply that the IP could change at any time so I would not rely on it
being the same for multiple requests.

Thomas, If you just want a redirect you could set up a VPS that does the
redirect for you and uses either your cert or a different free one
(startssl.com) so that any requests to it over SSL don't give a cert
warning. A server running Apache with an .htaccess file doing the redirect
would be enough for this. Unfortunately it will cost you a monthly fee to
keep the VPS running. Maybe there is a business opportunity there for
someone to set up a service that does exactly this redirect. I think
wwwizer only works for non-SSL redirects.

If you want to host your site on a naked domain then I think you have to
use a reverse proxy on your own VPS for now. Careful with this path though
as you would be adding a single point of failure in front of your app
unless you load balance across multiple reverse proxies (which will
probably cost a lot).

- Bryce