Hi Eugene,

The first option comes to mind is the Remote API.
For more details, please read:
https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/python/tools/remoteapi

Re: using PyMongo on App Engine
I don't think you can use the current PyMongo module because it includes
some c code. With the python2.7 runtime, we only provide limited set of
modules with c code as described bellow:
https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/python/tools/libraries27

However, in the future, it might be possible for you to use MongoDB
directly from App Engine with a use of the socket API, if we provide
PyMongo module. So maybe you want to file a feature request to provide
PyMongo module with the Python2.7 runtime.

For the socket API, now we're accepting trusted tester for the socket API.
Please see this thread:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-appengine/m1x6sDhqx1o/XC2e_kcR_VUJ

Thanks,

-- Takashi