I don't personally believe there exist a "default" in this kind of
work without giving any specifics but you should definitely try it. If
you haven't seen it, here's a recent post related to your questions.
You might find some answers there:
http://googleappengine.blogspot.it/2012/10/streak-brings-crm-to-inbox-with-google.html

The only feature that's not there and I'd love to see it being
implemented, is existing rows/data updates. Currently you can only
append to existing table. Other than that, BigQuery is really awesome
for all sorts of adhoc data analysis, dashboards, charts, etc.

-- alex