Once you've preformed the migration - and setup the alias. You can delete
the old M/S application totally. You can just disable it too (disabled apps
dont count towards your total AFAIK), but if it never had an app in it, no
need to keep it.

The old app doesnt need to exist for the Alias to work. (ie its like a
second name for the new App, rather than a pointer from old to new)