Wholeheartedly agree.

Can't blame them that the system has issues every now and then. I'm sure
it's a massively complex system, and other products have their issues too.
But what's the point in showing a Google-branded generic error message to
our clients. The nonchalant "Try again in 30 seconds. That's all we know"
is adding insult to injury.

When the next outage strikes, I'd like to see something like "The
application hosted in our data center can currently not be reached. We
apologise. We're working on restoring our client's service. Please try
again later. The team at Google."

Cheers,
Per