GAE just started two instances for a simple page refresh with a 12s wait
for my users  :-(

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-umSWFSgtg20/UPVwkckgJdI/AAAAAAAAz4M/1G-gZ0slpV4/s1600/Instances+-+VinoCities+-+Google+Chrome.jpg>
It takes normally a few ms to load this page (simple fetch from datastore) :

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-kJECGeYQ8jI/UPVxGt_LrCI/AAAAAAAAz4U/1rSxG48pFkw/s1600/Logs+-+VinoCities+-+Google+Chrome.jpg>
You can try to refresh (Ctrl-F5) the page by yourself here :

http://www.chateaudemouchac.fr/architecture-184002.dhtml?d=d

Tell me how it goes.

François