I'm testing my new hrd version of the app now.
I have found some differences that need to be debugged.
One thing I wish I had done before migrating (not mentioned in docs):
upgraded my appengine SDK to the latest version before starting the
migration...

On the other hand, I'm still using appengine patch (aepatch) so even
upgrading the sdk is risky.
My sdk is: release: "1.5.2"