I'm trying to implement url slugs in my app (python-based). I want the
slugged URL to be of the format  myhost/<post_id>/<post_title>

When I try to access the page using the above slugged url format, I get an
error and (in Chrome, the error says - unexpected token <). If I delete the
'/<post_title>' from the url, the page loads correctly. Specifically, I
noticed that once I have a 'forward slash' after the <post_id>, I have
issues. Everything works fine without that extra slash (extra directory)

My code is

class mainhandler(webapp.RequestHandler):
    def get(self):
        if (self.request.path == '/test'):
            path = os.path.join (os.path.dirname (__file__), 'test.htm')
            self.response.headers ['Content-Type'] = 'text/html'
            self.response.out.write (template.render (path, {}))
        else:
            path = os.path.join (os.path.dirname (__file__), 'index.htm')

            self.response.headers ['Content-Type'] = 'text/html'

            self.response.out.write (template.render (path, {}))

application = webapp.WSGIApplication( [('/.*', mainhandler)],  debug=True)

Basically, I want to load the index.htm file and on that file, I have
javascript which is supposed to extract the post-id from the URL and do
some stuff with it.

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong here?