I am going to advertise my mobile app in social network group with 3
million subscribers.
My app is available on iOS and Android.

QR code and link from post will direct to my URL that would be redirected
to AppStore or Google Play based on Agent header.

I believe 50-90% clicks will happen first hour or even 10 minutes when post
would appear in news line in social network.

I do not know how many people will click. But more people click more I earn
and I should be ready to handle it.

I guess it could be 200.000 clicks.

But in first 10-60 seconds it could be 5000 or 15000 clicks per minute
with max 1000 clicks a second. (worst case)

I do not know what server and technology to select.

Will AppEngine suit my needs?

I have AppEngine Java experience and I guess even with one hot JVM it would
not scale.
May be same issue is with Go as it requires 1 process per client.

But I do not have experience with appengine+python. will it be able to
scale fast when needed?

The problem I do not know how many instannces I need.

If I knew that I need 1 or 10 then I could get it with Amazon Ec2 or other
cloud provider.

Please advise, Thanks,
Max