Anyone else noticing sudden increased datastore latency? We have an app
that has been behaving just fine and all of sudden (at least some)
datastore queries have this large latency.

This is using python2.7 with ndb. I can quickly tell that is the datastore
because being logged in/out makes a huge difference. And this difference
comes from two additional per user datastore queries.
I also turned on appstats. Interestingly, each of these two queries shows
as 3 parallel queries of almost the same exact duration. And these
latencies are ranging between 5 seconds and 10 seconds on these queries.

The status dashboard says all green.