If Warmup Requests worked as expected, they would indeed solve the problem.
But all you have to do is browse the many threads on this subject to
realize that they do not prevent user requests from hitting cold instance
starts. It just doesn't work that way.

The magical checkbox combined with at least one resident instance would
indeed be a perfect solution. It tells the scheduler: "You can use the
pending queue and average latency data to determine if and when to spin up
new instances at load. But DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, send a user
facing request to an instance until it has been warmed up. I don't give a
damn how long you think it might take to get served, because I know it will
be far shorter than waiting for the instance start 99.9% of the time."