GAE now provides location information in the request headers:
https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/runtime?hl=en#Request_Headers

Usually, services that provide reverse DNS type info will package location
info with the ASN (which corresponds to an ISP).

I'm after the ASN, rather then the location.  Am I correct that it is not
currently available on GAE?

I'm guessing that getting the ASN is the first step in getting the location
since it is the ISP that provides the location info.  So, now that GAE
provides the location, they probably also have the ASN (behind the scenes).
 If so, would be great if that could be made available too.

I think I will add an issue requesting that the ASN be made available if
the system does have it.  I'm just posting here first in case I'm missing
something.