I'm also running into the Migration limit due to having claimed 10 free app
id's after learning to use Google App Engine.

Adding permissions to have more id's on an account would fix this for me.
Not knowing how pervasive this issue is but a more graceful approach would
have improved the user experience such as having the migration tool detect
how many free apps the user has.  If the migration increases the number >10
allow +1 more up to and equal to 20.  Upon successful migration prompt to
disable the non HRD accounts and eventually close the non HRD after a few
weeks.  If the account has not been used it could bypass the migration need
and just upgrade app to name-HDR and not need to add new accounts IMO.

Either way a fix for my account would be much appreciated. (I was over
ambitious on the time I had to develop for all these accounts)  I'm just
looking to take the names and move to name-HDR...