I talkd too soon!!!
*
This morning 9.00 am brussels time it happens again!!*

Instances are started but are not healthy. They cannot process any request
and they cannot be shut down!!!
Beside them are 2 healthy instances which are fro any obscure reason not
receiving any request.

I don't know what you are trying to achieve but we would be pleased to know
it.

Until you get them: Could you implement temporary work around: to serve
request only with healthy (instances that do respond to request) and warmed
up instances)?

I'm in the process of quitting GAE and every day, you prove I'm right but
until I do I hope that you'll solve this issue!