Hello Google App Engine Community!

I'm trying to start up an online course that uses the Google App Engine SDK
for Python.  I install the 32 bit version of Python 2.7.3 in C:/Python27/
and I install the Google App Engine SDK for Python.  The SDK install seems
to "find" Python (although it refers to it as Python 2.5), and I get past
the point at which in previous installations I would get an error popup
stating that Python could not be found.  The App Engine Launcher just seems
to load forever (which the spinning load wheel) until I see "Not
Responding" in the header bar of the software.

Here's some info about my machine:
Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bit)
8GB RAM
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2540M CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz

*Does anyone have any theories as to what might be going on?*

Thanks!