Yeah sorry - I'm using pure java (servlets/jsps) on HR datastore, the user
facing app is on http://www.librarist.com/ (which is spring mvc deployed on
appfog talking with app engine backend). All day today I see a lot of app
instance to be started and killed within few seconds, none of them have
more than 200 requests processed - usually my dynamic instances serve ~50k
requests in their live.

And the best part is that google is going to charge me extra for the CPU (I
know it's few cents but what an irony) which they waste on spining/killing
those instances while they just could run one dynamic forever which is
usually able to server whatever my app needs.