Hello everyone,
as a result of my master thesis, I am developing new App Engine Datastore
Stub for Python, which is based on MongoDB backed. The target of this stub
is to eliminate the cons of SQLite stub (which is very slow in case of
inserting large dataset etc.) and still to provide quick queries and
transactionality. My work is partially based on Mike Dirolf's Mongo
Appengine Connector, but now the stub supports projection queries,
structured properties and SDK development admin console etc. Stub can be
fully integrated into dev_appserver (after patch there's new option
--use_mongodb).

The stub was tested on SDK 1.7.4, I will test it on 1.7.5 soon.

The stub is still in phase of development, so please do not be mad at me if
something does not work well for you. If somebody is interested of the
performance comparison with FileStub and SQLite Stub, let me know.

The result is on github:
https://github.com/hellerstanislav/appengine-datastore-mongodb-stub

Cheers,
Stanislav Heller