App ID: mybizcentral
Version: test

This is for production level code. Can you help me determine what Instances
settings I should use to avoid deadline exceeded errors? I had the settings
set to Automatic, but I just changed the minimum idle instance setting to
1. I will see if having one Resident instance available helps avoid these
errors overnight tonight. Every night the application receives thousands of
emails, with files attached that need to be parsed and stored in the
datastore. So there is an expected spike in traffic overnight. Can you help
me with the Instance settings to handle these spikes, but also not sky
rocket our hosting costs?

I'm seeing Deadline Exceeded Errors:
Uncaught exception from servlet
com.google.apphosting.runtime.HardDeadlineExceededError:

I'm also occassionally seeing Concurrent Modification errors.
java.sql.SQLException: Concurrent Modification