This is my biggest concern. I don't care about technical problems, I care
about shipping high quality products. That was the reason why we picked
appengine 2 years ago.

The problem is that the service isn't working well and we can't predict for
how long. We need to have any insight on how long this instability will
last, so we can play ahead.

We have serialized blobs everywhere across our application. We're paying
the price for "clever optimizations". I believe it would be less work to
move out of appengine rather than moving to HDR.