Hello Prateek,

Are you running on Master/Slave or HRD? I recall similar occurrences
happening for me on M/S before I migrated.

If you're running on HRD, a few other questions:

1. Can you provide a screenshot of your logs? I realize that you said your
tasks are showing no logs, but there could be a "diamond in the rough" that
you're missing.
2. What logging level have you specified in log4j?
3. Have you changed your application code recently? If so, can we see
source code?

My first thought is that your backend is the problem here. The fact that
the retry count is increasing means that AppEngine is (probably!) executing
tasks just fine, but your backend is failing and responding with error
codes. What is your backend doing? Does it depend on any non-GAE APIs?

-Vinny P
Technology & Media Advisor
Chicago, IL

@GOV on AppDotNet: https://alpha.app.net/gov