I doubt this is a recent issue and/or related to performance graphs.
TaskQueue with very short countdown were always very flaky so say the
least. I routinely saw tasks with countdown=0 lagging by a 1 min or so.
This is since years ago. Especially tasks which are scheduled from other
tasks, not frontend requests. I filed some tickets but never gotten
anything resolved.
You can find and star my feature request to provide TQ with accurate
timing. Though do not get your hopes high.