Hello,
In the attached instances screen from the Admin console,
I click on the 'View Logs' link, and there are no logs displayed.  As per
the documention,
https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/adminconsole/instances, the
third column 'Request' is the number of Requests in the last minute.  My
application has not recieved any requests for the last 1/2 hr.  I can see
this by clicking on the 'Logs' link on the left side.

The 2nd instance is running, even though there is no traffic.  It is
charged unnecessarily.   My costs are increasing because of this idle
instances.

To control the costs, I am manually shutting down the instances, when ever
I get a chance.

-Aswath