Question for the App Engine team:

I really like that compute engine is becoming available for us to build
more flexible services, but I'm curious how it plays with App Engine. Is
there going to be another way to communicate with Compute Engine instances
that is more flexible than URL Fetch? Does using URL Fetch make round trips
on the Internet or is it smart enough to route directly within Google
datacenters?

KP