Hi all,

After hearing from many of you that this would be a painful change, we've
decided that when we switch to scattered auto ids we will provide a
temporary option to continue sequential auto ids in production.

We will still be deprecating sequential auto ids, for the performance
reasons described above; but you will have time to prepare, and an interim
period during which you can opt-out.

Thanks again for your feedback.