Every minute or so my app creates some data and needs to send it out to more
than 1000 remote servers via URL Fetch callbacks. This is done asynchronously
using NDB. The time lag between creating the data and sending it to the remote
servers via the callback should be roughly less than 5 seconds.

My initial thought is to use the Pipeline API to fan out URL Fetch requests to
different task queues.

Unfortunately task queues are not guaranteed to be executed in a timely
fashion. Therefore from requesting a task queue start to it actually executing
could take minutes to hours. From previous experience this gap is regularly
over a minute so is not necessarily appropriate.

Is there any way from within App Engine to achieve what I want? Maybe you know
of an outside service that can do the fan out in a timely fashion?

The question is on Stack Overflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15829813/how-to-fan-out-url-fetch-requests-in-a-timely-fashion